PO Box 8, Bowling Green, MO 63334
Missouri Revised Statutes, Chapter 58 contains a complete description of the duties of the County Coroner.
The Pike County Coroner is called when a person dies within Pike County in which a coroner is required by state law and there are reasonable grounds to believe that such person died as a result of:
1. Violence by homicide, suicide or accident.
2. Un-forseen sudden occurrence and the deceased had not been attended by a physician during the thirty six hour period preceding the death.
3. Any unusual or suspicious manner.
4. Any injury or illness while in the custody of law enforcement or while an inmate in a public institution.
Other duties of the office include, but are not limited to:
* Referral of a child's death (under the age of eighteen) to a child fatality review panel.
* Convening a Coroner's Inquisition to have a jury determine the cause of death of a person when, in the opinion of the Coroner, it would be in the public's interest to do so.
* Performing the duties of Sheriff when that office is vacant.
Copyright © 2023 Pike County,Missouri - All Rights Reserved.